Thursday 22 November 2012

Happy Birthday Andy

Last weekend was Andy's fourth birthday. He's such a big boy now. 


Yeah, I electively bought my baby some broken bones... I mean a skateboard. 
We decided on a Lego themed party, but I was quite disorganised, and their were hail storms, which really put a dampener on things (pun intended). 

After setting up outside, the wind whipped through and blew down 90% of the decorations so we had to move inside to our dining room. It was so gloomy and dark, but the effect was pretty good in the end, and he had a lovely day, which is all that matters.

 




I did a fair bit of work before the day, making a great banner. You can sort of see it in the blurry, poor quality pictures. In the middle of the Lego man shirts, it read H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y. I created, then//printed and laminated them and will be able to use them for birthdays to come. I simply sticky taped the heads onto piece of string. You can DOWNLOAD the banner here. You will have access to my Google Share Drive. Download each letter, and print. Please don't make any changes to the share drive. I don't know if this is possible, but I'm doing this on good will, and I've never used the system before. You will get the best quality downloading it there, as opposed to saving images from blogger.

Print Copy Amounts

H x 2
A x 2 
P x 2
Y x 2 
B x 1
I x 1 
R x 1
T x 1
D x 1

Cut around each Lego man, and laminate. You could also print on cardboard if you don't want to use the banner again. I have three boys, so this will be a popular decoration. 


                                                

I have also added a Lego man cupcake topper. I realise it has an A in the middle, but it will be easy enough to change if you open it in paint (or paint.net) and erase the A and add the letter of your son. 

Then, cut each circle and hot glue gun it onto a toothpick. They were really effective, and some of the kids even took them home! 

I've had a couple of questions on how I did the ceiling decorations, which is what blew down in the wind. They were just plastic table cloths draped and blue tacked up, with balloons in the middle. Very effective, but my very tall brothers kept getting tangled in them! Oops! 





1 comment:

  1. This site is really cool! I found here alot of information that I was looking for. I am really happy to be a part of This site! read more

    ReplyDelete