My cupcake has a flat top, which is perfect for decorating. My cupcake is sweet. My cupcake tastes like childhood. It is soft, but holds it's shape. It is moist and delicious... every time.
If you're an "I don't follow a recipe" baker, and you don't follow this recipe, to the gram, and then comment, that it doesn't work out, I will get stabby.
If you are a new baker, or an old baker with no skill, then read through the recipe twice, before you begin. Understand what you have to do, ask questions if you don't understand something. I check in often, so you won't be waiting long for an answer.
This recipe makes 24 extraordinary Vanilla Cupcakes
Note: I don't use brand name ingredients, but I do use fresh eggs. I have chooks, so most of the time, they are warm from a chooks bum.
About 2 hours before you start, get your eggs and butter out of the fridge to get to room temperature.
1 cup butter (not margarine)
2 cups white sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1 1/4 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 milk
1) PREHEAT your oven to 190degrees C. DONT FORGET! (I often forget this step)
2) Put patty pan cases into trays.
3) Sift flours and salt into a large bowl, set aside
4) With an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together. Add the vanilla and eggs, and beat until the mixture has doubled in size and it very pale yellow.
5) Add the milk, but don't mix.
6) Using a spatula, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and begin to fold in a small amount of flour. Doing about 1/2 cup at a time, mix in the flour.
7) Using an ice cream scoop, or 1/3 of a cup measuring cup, put the batter into the patty pans.
8) Put into the oven, and then turn the oven down to 170 degrees C. Bake for 17-20 mins (depending on if you have a fan forced oven).
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting
1/4 cup of room temperature butter
170 g cream cheese at room temperature
4 cups icing mixture, sifted
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1) Beat butter and cream cheese together with the vanilla.
2) Add a little of the icing mixture at a time, beating well.
3) Beat on high for about 4-6 mins, until the frosting is very light and fluffy.
When the cupcakes are cool, pipe on frosting using a large nozzle. Decorate with hand made fondant decorations, and people will be very impressed.